- Fresh acai is ideal if you can get it. It may be uncommon, but it is the best way to ensure the acai you're eating is of top quality.
- Dried or frozen acai works well when it is hard to find fresh acai berries. These forms of acai will last longer than fresh acai berries.
- Juice or concentrates can be easier to consume on the go. However, these may be expensive, and it is hard to determine how much acai you're getting.
- Powder or pill forms of acai have a long shelf-life. They also make taking acai very easy. However, as these products are not evaluated by the FDA, it is difficult to tell exactly what you're getting
Add acai berries to low-fat desserts, like frozen yogurt. Making frozen yogurt is a simple way to satisfy your sweet tooth, and to get your acai berry benefits at the same time. This takes some time to freeze and requires an ice cream maker, but it is worth the wait. Replace your ice cream with a healthier acai dessert.
- Gather your ingredients
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh pomegranate arils
- 7 ounces of açai puree, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 32 ounces of Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of lime juice.
- Toss the frozen pomegranate arils with the açai puree, honey, vanilla, and lime juice.
- Drain the liquid from the fruit and honey mixture right into the yogurt and set aside.
- Whisk the yogurt/liquid mixture until smooth.
- Pour the yogurt base into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In the last two minutes of mixing, pour in the acai-pomegranate mixture.
- Freeze for a little bit to allow the frozen yogurt to solidify.
Toss acai berries into healthy snacks to sweeten them up. Liven up foods like granola, cereal, oatmeal, salads and plain yogurt using acai. There are plenty of foods to which you can just add fresh acai berries. Because they don't need to be cooked, you can liberally combine fresh acai with many of the things you already eat.
- Make a summer salad, with spinach, red onions, cashews, and acai berries.
- Built a yogurt parfait, by layering granola, acai berries, and yogurt in a cup.
- Throw acai into your oatmeal while it is cooking.
- Toss acai berries in Greek yogurt, then freeze for a tasty snack.
Make an acai berry breakfast bowl. Acai berry breakfast bowls, which are essentially a smoothie in a bowl, are a popular way to consume acai. Making acai bowls are an easy way to get a nutritious, satisfying, acai-filled meal. While there are many variations on the acai bowl, highlighting the versatility of this recipe, there are some basic principles to producing one.
- Vary the kinds of raw foods you include. Try spinach, nuts, and banana to name a few. Add some apple sauce and some chia or flax.
- Blend your ingredients in a high-speed blender. This gives the dish an even consistency, a crucial quality of the acai breakfast bowl.
- Thicken with chia or ice to the desired consistency. This will help you to feel more full, aiding in your weight-loss.